Your Top 10 cfp players of all time list!

leaderboard
history
community

Let’s make our community top players list !

From today to Tuesday 25, I would like you to give me your personal top 10 cfp players list of all time.
Depending on the place you rank a player, some points will be given to him according to this table :

Place Points
1st 15
2nd 12
3rd 10
4th 8
5th 6
6th 5
7th 4
8th 3
9th 2
10th 1

Key points to judge : survival skills, powers usage skills, tournament results, average player’s rank through times (consistency), etc.
On Wednesday 26, I’ll sum up the points for each entry and I’ll give you the ranking according to your choices. :smile:

:globe_with_meridians: Rule 1 : Don’t vote for yourself.
:globe_with_meridians: Rule 2 : Don’t vote for x only because he is a friend.
:globe_with_meridians: Rule 3 : Additional commentary to illustrate your choices, like player portrayal, is great ! But not mandatory ofc.
:globe_with_meridians: Rule 4 : Only cfp players. We don’t want cf2 players on the list.
:globe_with_meridians: Rule 5 : Dont use duplicate accounts to vote more than one time.

I can’t wait to see your choices!

Interesting approach but it is very hard to rate players because there are many aspects to be good at in this game.

Also, about the 4th rule: most of the players have started from Curve Fever 2 times and have played it so it would be very hard to define who is a Curve Fever Pro player because many people like/liked both games.

it is very hard to rate players because there are many aspects to be good at in this game.

I didnt say it was an easy task :smiley:

Also, about the 4th rule: most of the players have started from Curve Fever 2 times and have played it so it would be very hard to define who is a Curve Fever Pro player because many people like/liked both games.

I meant people who play cfp. A cfp player plays CFP, a cf2 player plays CF2. A player can be both. We judge here the skills of a player only on this game. His skills elsewhere should not be taken into consideration :slight_smile:

Oh, I thought you wanted to exclude players like Noordung (who deserve to be on this list) because they are from Curve Fever 2.

Also, can I submit in many different lists based on categories to make it more interesting and maybe sum it up in the end?

If you sum it up I agree with this :smiley: But yeah i need a sumed up one for the points.
Always great to see you so invested in the community Alpha :smiley:

I don’t think this idea will have success. Generally the game has a nice community and not so many people would like to rate others. So you will get like 10-20 players who voted, but the majority will not even try. It will just not be representative rating.
A more representative implementation of your idea would be to make anonymous voting for the best players choosing between champs and 5-7 players who deserve it, but didn’t play tours or just was unlucky. But even then the majority of players will not read the forum. So you will need to advertise it on discord and in game.

10-20 players would be beyond my initial expectation :smiley:
I didnt want to do a poll. Because that narrows the choices and I don’t like that. The reality is more colorful.
I’ll think about advertising it on the discord, thx for the tip :wink:

Great suggestion!

I will try to rate some selected group of people and will share my results with you here.

Alright, I selected 35 players and tried to rate them. Please keep in mind that it is just my opinion (and please also consider that I did that in rush so I could not analyze it a lot), but hey, at least it’s something:

Hi there.
Here is my list. I’ll add commentary later maybe.

1 | Big_aur
2 | Taras
3 | Whitesnake
4 | You
5 | Owl
6 | Harald
7 | Hohoho
8 | Svo
9 | Hycek
10 | DonCoupon

Awesome ! Glad to be in that list :smiley:

Even though I disagree with a lot of things (which is normal), it’s amazing work Jaan! How you don’t include dodging in the table though?
Also some things are weird: champs just cannot have about 5-6 for official events, it’s already 8+ imo. And You’s 9th place is definitely wrong, he’s maybe all time best player, for sure top 3 (maybe because he got 7.7 for survival even though he won save my buddy or because Dan got 4th best points for attack while he never even plays mines or fevers).

I maybe you meant defense as dodging? (here I just thought about defense as blue modules usage)

Dodging is part of defense. You (NICK), Dan and HyceK were the ones who could win games against offensive players because of your crazy defending skills so I gave you guys the most points in that category. I also gave lower points to some champions because they are not in their prime anymore and this list is mainly based on last year’s (or even 2020’s) skills. You has indeed crazy offense but my analysis focused more on passive playstyle as you can see from the names of categories. Dan has tried Mines and Fevers and he is quite decent at them (probably at my level or a bit better) even though he prefers other modules over them.

Well, I just saw prabh 5.9 and was surprised as he won one of the recent tours.

I think most champs are just not motivated enough to be at their best as there are no goals to achieve. Once there will be something new, they will easily get back. You cannot lose these skills, just need some practice.

As for defense I see now, thanks.

Yeah, I was a bit less optimistic about giving points out in beginning :joy:, but, I gave him lower score because he did not perform well in the camp competition in 2020, did not finish on high position at Iron Man contest and he has not reached any unofficial tournament finals (correct me if I’m wrong).

However, Prabh has improved rapidly in past year so I think that currently, he could knock to top 10’s door.

Where are you and Meow in this list? @Alpha

Meow has not been around for some time and I did not want to rate myself (it’s also against rule 1).

1.Doncoupon
2.You
3.Nick
4.Night
5.HyceK
6.Curver
7.eduOvr4
8.Meow
9.Sheep
10.Rynx

Night on drugs, is night you silly firefly