What books are you reading?

book
introduction

Hello all!!!

You all might be confused at “Why is this an introduction?” Well here’s why!
I want to know what type of books you are reading and IF you will recommend it to someone. It’s really quite simple. Here are the rules:

Rules
  1. Type in the book name and it’s author.
  2. Write why you would recommend it.
  3. Write a summary of it.
  4. You have to have a link to an E-Book that you have. If I don’t see a link to the e-book I will send a private message to the person that sent the post about their book.

I will start with my book. Which is “The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes”
I would recommend it because it is a very interesting book and the cases that Sherlock and Dr. Watson go on is impressive. I won’t get to the summery just yet because I have not finished the book yet.

So enjoy and I speak for everyone Happy Reading!

From @Aron123

There are two books in particular I have been reading. The first one is “The Mysterious Benedict Society” and the Prisoners Dilemma. It’s written by Trenton Lee Stewart. This books is a the third book in a series of four books. The main characters are Reynie, Sticky, Kate, and Constance. They go on many dangerous adventures and have to stop Mr.Curtain (the bad guy) from bringing havoc on the world. The second book is called “I always look up the word egregious”. It’s a book of vocabulary. I recommend it to anybody who loves words.

Also to anybody wondering egregious means extraordinarily bad. For example, an egregious mistake. It also means distinguished or eminent. For example, That well dressed man was extremely egregious.

Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari
I would recommend it if you are thirsty of knowledge and have appetite for science in general.
In this masterpiece, Harari explores the future of mankind, and specifically what would happen if humans eradicated war, sickness and poverty. Homo Deus’ argues that the principles that have organized society will undergo a huge shift in the 21st century with major consequences for life as we know it. It brings you a new vision of what is humanity its flaws and strenghts

Hmm interesting books might check them out!

Amazing book (Of the way you tell it) might check it out.

I’m currently reading “The Shack” for like the 3rd time. If recommend dis book because it’s mostly narrated on one person, and his journey through out the whole story. When he looses his daughter, goes to the shack. In my opinion, those are all life lessons

I loved the Benedict Society series! Have you read “The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict” yet?

My books are The Count of Monte Cristo, and A Wizard of Earthsea.

The Count of Monte Cristo was written by Alexandre Dumas, and is considered a classic novel. However, it is hard to get into, and since it was written 100+ years ago, the english is a bit dated. It tells the story of a young man who delivered a secret letter to a group of men, and to make sure the letter was kept secret, these men imprisoned him. ~10 years later, he escapes, and this tells the story of his revenge.

A Wizard of Earthsea was written by Ursula K. Le Guin, and tells the story of a young boy named “Ged,” who displays natural talent for wizardry, travels to a small, sacred island to learn more, and unlike most other wizard-ish books, this one addresses the ethics and morals of using wizardry.

*UPDATE: links

RULE UPDATE!!!:

All the rules are listed above in the first post.
And this one is the change:

You have to have a link to an E-Book that you have. If I don’t see a link to the e-book I will send a private message to the person that sent the post about their book.

Um… My ebooks are through www.amazon.com, so any link I post will redirect you to buy the book yourself.

It has to be online. I will not buy any books though amazon. Will read only online.

Do you have access to overdrive libraries? If so, you can check out some of these books…

Hmm, do you have a Kindle?

I think so. I’m not 100% sure.

Yes, but you can also use overdrive for epub, pdf, mobi, etc.

@waterjelly I have overdrive library, I just borrow it on my Kindle

Perfect! You might have to place a hold for the books, I’m not sure how many people are trying to read them.

Yeah we have to place holds for books about 3 weeks if the books are popular

I LOVE MURDER BOOKS AND BOOKS WHERE PEOPLE GET KIDNAPPED AND STUFF…cant put everything i like to read bc it would need a TW

So, which genre exactly? Mystery or horror / thriller?