[Unofficial] Results of 1 vs. 1 Varying Modules Tournament [Curve Fever Pro Olympics]

Hello!

Today (27th of July, 20:00 CEST), we had first tournament of unofficial Curve Fever Pro Olympics. It was a 1 vs. 1 varying modules tournament.

28 players signed up for this tournament and 21 of them showed up for the tournament. By showing up, I mean, they played at least one game. For example I know that Ten showed up for 1st round but did not get to play and decided to leave the tournament.

Everyone, who were among those 21, that showed up, got some points for Olympics depending on their final position in this tournament. I want to thank them for showing up, without them, the tournament would not have been possible. Final standings can be seen here:

Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukQSuzOL_Dm29g84qV1VRrzOn5TsJ9gtBzl-BGcclLo/edit?usp=sharing.

I recorded also the 2 games of Bronze match and @Ambroz37 recorded 2 games of Final.

Video: https://youtu.be/LfLJlaG07oI.

About Ambroz, I would like to thank him for hosting this tournament with me and helping me out, because, well, those ones who were there know that beginning was chaotic. Without his help, I would not have managed to handle this tournament so smoothly and fast.

Also, a problem was that I used a format for 48 players which made the tournament longer. I was expecting this tournament to be popular but apparently, it was not. I apologise because of that. Well, getting 28 players to sign up and 21 of them to show up was not the worst scenario.

Special thanks also to @Fear for announcing the tournament, giving me some ideas and randomising players into rooms. Unfortunately, Fear is quite busy in the upcoming weeks so he might not be helping with the event.

As you know, the 2nd tournament, 2 vs. 2 None tournament, is expected to be held on the Monday, 29th of June. Nobody has signed up so far and that is why I have decided to postpone the tournament to the other half of the week. Exact date will be certain tomorrow. This also means, that those 2 tournaments, which were planned to be hosting during the week, will also be postponed.

Also, a shout-out goes to @big_aur, because he came during the tournament, even though he is really busy these days, and offered some help. I appreciate that a lot.

If you missed the tournament and still want to participate, do not be too sad! There are 3 more tournaments in the qualification for the main event. Points from best 2 tournaments will count, so, you still have good chance to get there! Most likely, best 16 players will get there but maybe more, it depends on how many players we will get in next tournaments! :wink:

To sum it up, the tournament did not run smoothly in the first place, but, eventually, we managed to get it under control and the tournament finished even faster than we had planned (about 2 hours and 20 minutes)!

Best regards,

Alpha / Magician

Video is on: https://youtu.be/LfLJlaG07oI.

Nice! Commented and left a like.

yeps gotta leave them likes