After playing the team matches for 3 days now, I have some thoughts and feedback to share. I hope this is a good place to do this.
I am open to the new game mode, I find the team aspect nice and sometimes the matches get really intense, which is great. Though it is is not working well at the moment. It needs finetuneing to make sure most of the games are fun. Cause right now some of them are not at all.
The super short games. The balance is not right all. You start with 3x100, and when one team survives first round with 2 players active, they get 2x50 after that. They all donate, speedy to the goal and there’s absolutely nothing you can do… This happens way more often than it should.
- delivering the ’ final hit’ is not so hard to do and very hard to defend againtst. If a team with good players get 400+ the game is almost always over
- teams are not clear enough. Since who is in my team and who’s not is so essential its just not clear enough. I need to know at all times ‘do i have to block this one or let him pass’, ‘is this one donating points or is he attacking our base’. I have mistaken between these and it costs victories. Why not shade all lines red or all lines blue? It should be that kind of clear.
- what to do with dropout players. There needs to be a compensation when one player drops out. All you opportunities to gain points are reduced now, so something to balance that out. Maybe more than 10 points per player at the start of each round?
- have some obstacles in the course, making the attacking players a bit more confined in space and easier to defend against. And to at least prevent the straight line speedy attack. The higher ranked the room the more tight the space would work fine I guess
- make the game last multiple rounds? So for example the base has 1000, and you can only attack once you have 300 or more. That way you can get familiar with the attack strategy after each successful one and adapt.
- maybe scale the rewards down for surviving with multiple players? 50 for 1 player, 80 to share for 2, 105 to share for 3?
- team chat? Some quick way to say to you team ’ defend me’ , ‘attack’ or ’ go donate’ would be wonderful
Thank you for listening!