Teleporting Mines and Fevers Need to be Fixed

This is a less extreme example, there are ones where the fever goes past me for atleast half a second and then appears in front of me. How am i supposed to counter this, i see it go past me so i go down and then bam i cant even react

Happens with 100 ping… could be because of you lagging or because some general lag that has increased for some players since the last update

This can not be fixed it’s a side effect of a networked game.
We can only make predictions so we predict the movement of the fever but we can’t predict at what moment the user shooting the fever will stop it by pressing the key or releasing it.
So as soon as the player says stop the fever it has to be send to the server and the server has to send it to you and that all takes time based on ping so therefore the fever will keep on moving and then go back in time to stop it at the time the other user stopped it. Therefore it will jump back in time.

In general even without the lags it’s hard to react in time if your brain is slow like mine, so I tend to avoid the direction of the fever/mine. Its kinda like avoiding the old homing missile or a laser.

Prediction > Reaction

Hey guys I am based in the UK and have had people tell me in an EU server that I’m lagging and my mines are teleporting…

I run CFP through chrome on Windows 10 which is up-to-date
I have an AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32GB RAM and a GTX 970 graphics card
I have a high speed ethernet cable and I’m the only one on the network.

Here are my global pings and download speeds:

Annotation%202019-09-11%20164002

any ideas what’s happening @Rojoss?

I never get any lag though others say my mines are appearing in front of them. I was playing with @Line who reported he had a 60ms ping and to him I appeared to be lagging (my ping was 16ms). I don’t think I can make my setup any better than it already is for online gaming…

Here’s the match ID: SJ5vm5I8r

apologies @Rojoss I just read your message above. Surely if everyone has a low ping on a local server the corrections can be made with plenty of time for the fever to be seen moving until it stops no? E.g I’ve even played in US servers before and other peoples fevers don’t teleport in front of me. Confused!

I mean the only thing I can think of is ping spikes? How often is the ping refreshing in the server info? Is it real time or refreshing periodically? Here’s my logic… Let’s say a player appears to have a ping of 16ms but it’s unstable and frequently spiking however the server info only shows 16ms because that was the ping the last time it refreshed the stats?