Something pretty interesting

suggestion

Hello!

I recently interviewed Legolas, lethean, and one other player who preferred to remain anonymous. All were ruby rank. I asked them about thoughts on the game.

Q1: Are there any age groups you feel that the game specifically appeals to? Here, the answer was unanimous. All the players I asked this believed that the game appealed to all age groups equally.

Q2: How do you feel about the game? All three players felt that older and more high-level players were not as engaged in playing anymore. However, their exact opinion on the game was ambivalent: Legolas disliked it and played it casually to “kill time,” where as lethean enjoyed it but believed that other features could be added.

Q3: What are your opinions on updates? All three disliked the updates, at least in some manner. All of them also preferred the “old”/original graphics, and Legolas enjoyed the original game mode more than the current one. lethean commented that due to the major updates, he had to “relearn” established tactics. The last one said that while the fact that the developers make regular updates reflects well on their involvement in the game, that there should be long-term changes in the game mode each time, a view shared by Legolas as well.

Essentially, it appears that they wanted the game to “settle down,” where it doesn’t get too many major updates that alter the gameplay.

““Q4: Is there anything you would like to see in the future of curvefever.pro?””
Legolas and lethean suggested a team mode. Essentially, each side collected points for a whole team, rather than for themselves. Legolas claims that he played this mode with Owl and that he enjoyed it immensely.

Since people would enjoy teaming alongside friends, so lethean suggested altering the lobby to click on who you would prefer to team with, although he did say that this would be “a big ask.” Legolas said that balancing should still be present, however: both teams should be around an equal skill level, or something of the sort.

It remains unspecified whether they wanted team mode to replace the current one or be a separate one, it is an interesting prospect nonetheless.

All three also suggested skins. While Legolas was quick to point out that all ships are essentially skins, as they no longer have specialization, lethean and the other player I interviewed wanted curve patterns and colors, such as in cf3 and such. They said that it would keep older players more hooked to the game.

They also suggested, last but not least, to have events. Lethean said that this would “show that the devs are interested” even if they stop making actual game updates. For example, halloween-related events and such, or perhaps a “Nerd event” near the time for the annual International Math Olympiad.

Hello @Dragonfyre
Thank you for showing interest to improve the game with us and provide feedback from different users. A little remark, some questions are personal related and others more general. By this I mean, higher ranked players will have different needs compared to new players. I will do my best to respond in an overlapping way :smile: I won’t comment on everything but I will cover a few things.

Group segmentation
The targetgroup of Curve Fever Pro would be students from an age like 15 years old to about 25 years old. Again this is the main targetgroup but this doesn’t mean CFPro isn’t meant for other groups of people. We welcome everyone to play the game and be a part of our community, both young and old. Wheter it is appealing to people from different ages and so on… that is a more personal related opinion. Though you could say CFPro does not have things like being themed or specifically make content for only one group. It is appealing to a wide audience.

Interest
As I mentioned in my introduction, Grandmasters will have a different need compared to new players. You could indeed say the game only offers the rank system for high-end players. With the past updates, the developers have focussed on making the experience easier for new people. This making a more understandable power layout, more info, easier access and a tutorial. We are always open for suggestion concerning the more experienced players and keeping them interested ^^ A big part of the interest is, as you mention, related to the type of player. Some people play to kill time and others because they are in love with the game. Even these subgroups will have a different need.

Updates
The developers are improving the game daily. This means some players will like updates more than others. Concerning game modes I don’t have any info. Personally I look forward to it as much as you do :wink:

Events
I will not spoil anything but the moderator team is putting more effort in events for the community. No I won’t tell more hue :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope this post helped or answered a few of your questions :smiley:

Thank you for replying to my post!

Yes, I did intend to target only older players for now. Thank you for letting me know that the game is focused on growth!

I’ll try collecting feedback from newer players.

all the nerds actually better be practising then :joy:

But in seriousness, teams has a huge potential for being super fun, hopefully without being incredibly tough to implement. There are a lot of nuances that can be addressed to make it fun and balanced while also being complex enough to allow higher level strategies. The most immediate idea I get is restricting the kinds of weapons members can have in a team such as no more than 2 or 3 fevers per team, no module equipped by more than one member, and the like. The TF2 strategy style springs to mind, where the guy with shots or levelled up fevers gets to be the tank, homing+laser is the sniper build, hide self is the spy, etc… We can also have teams-only modules that make sense for teams but dont for quickplay, such as friendly fevers that provide boosts like defense buffs to teammates (…medic build? :smiley:).

There really are a lot of possibilities that dont immediately seem very difficult to implement. I can totally see myself playing this with friends more, if not as often, than quick play :joy:

Thank you for your reply!