Hello Curvefever Pro community,
EDIT: Hiya there all ya CurvePro enthusiasts,
Boy am I about to drop a doozy on you!
Curvefever Pro is a large and growing game that is now constantly gaining players, whether they’re guests or new accounts in general. This is largely due to regular updates that our friends the Hidden Monster Games have implemented For example, one update the I loved was the profanity filter. Sure, my chat is spammed with asterisks now, but you can’t imagine what people were saying before. Stuff like [censored] , or sometimes [censored] , and maybe even [also censored] . So, heads up!
Nevertheless, in line with this, I have several suggestions(and maybe a bug or two I’ve noted) that may be interesting:
1. A homing missile bug . When ya fire a homing missile and it hits a person, it sometimes doesn’t give you the points. It even shows the points(-16 from the enemy and +16 to you, for example), but doesn’t add in the points themselves. This sporadically happens and has kept me from wins. However, it doesn’t actually show the points flowing to you, and the homing missile keeps on going after doing this.
2. Some strange flashing bug…. So, uh, there is this game I played recently where the red player(who was a trigon ship of some sort – I forgot which one, but certainly not tier 5 or higher) began flashing near the end of one round. There were two players still surviving, red and purple. Might wanna look into it.
EDIT: It happened to me once more, I barely survived hitting a curve, and I was flashing(the same type of flashing that occurs when you died before you turn into a turret). It also happened to Owl in the recent “No attack modules tournament!” The video was posted on the forum, and it occurred in part 1.
3. Air deaths. Yes, they still happen, unfortunately. Or at least, in custom they do. It happened once in a custom game: I used a time bomb, and after it exploded, when I went near the explosion radius, I, uh…died for no reason.
EDIT: It happened ONCE MORE to me, this time in Quick Play. Same exact scenario: I launched a time bomb, it detonated, I went into the the exposion radius, just when BOOM! Air death! Ship crew gets to meet God fast!
4. An interesting explosion effect . It’s known that whenever a mine blows up, it takes out chunks of the curves in the area. Here’s a cool idea: the edges of the curves that were attached to the decimated parts should glow a bright orange for a second and cool down into black. There should be a setting to disable it, however, since it may cause lag.
EDIT: Of course, as Averazon informed me(thank you BTW for being so active and involved in the community), there are many disparate thoughts on this. So there should be something in the settings! That’s right, if the developers have time to kill, work on this(not that you do – work on that halloween Spookorama event!).
5. Some nice ol’ graphics . If you’ve still got the files for the original art style of the ships and modules, then please, Hidden Monster Games, switch it to that for a while. A change is nice!
EDIT: 2 other players, Legolas and lethean, who, like me, have been here since the beginning of the game, also supported this. Of course, it’s a personal thing. But maybe…put it in the settings?
6. One-shot? Nah. The one-shot power is seriously…underpowered. The problem is, it’s hard to get someone with it now, like really hard . So, make it such that one-shot can break through curves, partially. Like it used to
EDIT: I have been informed that it is, like, OP or somethin’ by several people. I tried it out myself again and wasn’t really that bad with it. But still, I’d like it if it could break through curves.
EDIT ONCE MORE: Instead, buff scatter shot, so that it’s at least useful . Increase range, firing speed, and increase bullets from 4 to 6.
7. Take a look at ‘em game maps . One distinctive feature of the Curvefever series was the fact that the map for each game was a sort of…“torus.” Essentially, you could go through an edge of the map and pop up on the other side. I think this should be allowed again. However, maybe don’t allow powers and shots to do this as well? For example, if you shoot a fever at an edge, rather than going through an edge, it’ll be stuck there.
EDIT: Averazon informed me that this was to make the game less confusing, especially for newbies(I won’t use the term “noobs” here because I am a great and nice person). However, it would be nice if, for example, only the gold arena actually had this way to teleport past map edges. Since more advanced players would get there, it might actually be a good idea!
Another thing is, maybe ship sizes should be decreased and gaps between curves increased? This’ll make the game easier to learn and more appealing for new players as well, and possibly less rages and computer smashing.
8. Pay for a way? No way! Ok, so we know what the problem is: Curvefever Pro is easily a pay to win. Ya pay, ya win. Simple, dimple, pop a pimple. Or actually, not so simple. Players who pay can be targeted verbally by others for paying(not too often, don’t worry). The main issue, however, is that this makes the game unfair, and it’s as clear as a sore thumb stuck in banana mush. However, rather than removing these pay-to-win features, just alter a few, but largely add in things that you can’t pay to win to excel in. It’s a win-win! Hidden Monster Games still gets the bucks they love(no offense – just meant to be a joke here, although it’s a dead joke now that I said this…sigh), and players are (mostly) appeased!
Examples include league and rank prizes. Right now, rank is about nothing but bragging rights. And they’re also something that you can’t(directly) pay for. Prizes should include gems and coins. Leagues give you tons of gems, and ranks within leagues give you coins.
Thankfully crates were buffed a month or two ago, so that’s good. Also, don’t add in any XP bonuses to buying stuff with real money, so that your XP actually defines…whatever it’s meant to define. If there are already XP bonuses, then just reduce them, and make them occur every 10 purchases, so that players have an extra incentive to buy, but it doesn’t make the game completely unfair.
EDIT: I still stand by this. This specific edit is private. Please don’t read it. Signed, Lancer.
9. Some love for Hide Self…please? Ok, so we all know that issue(well, maybe not all of us, but a good amount): No one gets points on Hide Self(and some other golden modules as well) until, like, after an eternity. Unless you buy it from the shop for, like, 2,000 gems or something. Might wanna increase the probability of getting points on it?
EDIT: Ok, so yeah, it’s like, on level 9 by the time you get it. So, never mind. Except, maybe, you get the first point on it fast(so that you can at least use the damn thing), and after that, keep the probability for getting points as it is! Hip, Hip, Hooray!
10. Eat my triple-flavor ship batteries! Sooooo, if anyone remembers, the three ship types(trigon, pentagod, and tetragon) used to have different abilities and such, and different modules that can be equipped. Higher tiers, too, used to have advantages, and different ships were, essentially, quite differentiated.
Aaaaaand now that’s not the case. All ships are created equal except for looks. They also serve pretty much no other purpose but looking cooler(In my opinion, none of them actually look cool) and maybe intimidating beginners if ya bring in a bad boy high-tier ship that can fill in a lot of spaghetti(I never understood that meme, though. Pretty sure it’s dead by now).
So, differentiate ‘em! Trigons should focus on speed, Pentagons on turn rate, and Tetragons should be all-rounder cowboys. Therefore, in a side-to-side race, a trigon will be able to outrun a Pentagon, but the Pentagon will dodge more whammies.
Balancing problems are inevitable, but lemme tell ya, YOU CAN DO IT. That’s right, all you need is a motivational speech from a charismatic guy.
EDIT: No edits here. Except that yes, I still think this would be a good idea. It’ll make the game more interesting for new players, and old ones as well. Plus, people will be more excited to earn more ships, which require more XP. They might even play the game more to get the XP fast, and buy more gems to get those crates open fast! MONEEEEY!
11. Custom map size matters. Yeah, it does. For example, me and my friend play on custom map. We get a small, limited map. C’mon man! It ain’t gonna work out like that, old West Town Billy! We gotta fix it. So in the settings, there should be two choices: Default map, or the limited map, or Full-Size map, the full-size version(and maybe two other choices: Be Able to Edge-Traverse(BEAT), or Be Able to Edge-Nontraverse(BEAN). Basically whether you can go through the map edges as described in point #7 above).
EDIT: Size. Matters.
12. More modules! Since any module can be equipped to practically any ship type now, why not add in more modules and make the Hidden Monster Programmers’ hard jobs even harder ? Hmmmmm? Good idea, right?
Because I fully agree, not only because I am a schadenfreude and would like to see our favorite programmers suffer, but because it would also be a good update! There are tons of ideas out there! It’ll take some balancing, but pffft! It’s the now-hiding Hidden Programmers who’ll have to do it!
EDIT: Ok, so the Great Module topic is out there. There’s an idea(associated with “team mode, at suggestion #15”) that I’ve added into this post as an edit.
13. Maybe some turret modifications. The more turrets there are, the less turn rate all the turrets should have. People can lose points due to what I call “turret spamming,” when 2 people are left and for some whacky reason, all the turrets target one. Players can lose a lot of points or die dodging. Epic K.O!
So, to balance this, the first to die will have the best turret and opportunities with a turret. When the second guy dies, he and first will have slower turrets with less turn rate(by 5%, maybe).
This might just also help with raging, because the first to die might know that they’ll have the best turret. When someone dies, BTW, all the preexisiting should flash red(a nice effect).
14. Red pill, blue pill. Reddit! So right now, we have the curvefever.pro forum. It pops up right on the home page. But Reddit is a lot more well-known. People might be more comfortable on it as well. Make a curvefever.pro reddit! There’s already a curvefever reddit, but add a “pro” behind so that no one can say, “HAHAHAHAHA! Look at that noob .”
Additionally, there could be improvements made to the forum itself. For example, indenting replies to specific posts. Also, is there a list for how to format things? Just wondering, because I may need it for some of my jokes.
15. Team. Mode. Matters. This is a very interesting mode, suggested to me by lethean and Legolas.
EDIT: It’s a totally original idea. I promise. Lethean and Legolas, please do NOT comment on this.
So essentially, each player collects points for their own team. While curves could be of different colors, possibly because of skins or curve patterns(see suggestion #16 below), the color of each ship will be based on the team color.
Of course, people will inevitably want to be on the same team with friends. However, teams will have to be balanced, so that somebody with over 3 million friends can’t all be on the same team.
Possible solutions are:
Randomly/alternatingly assign people to teams. This might be unfavorable for those who wish to be on teams with their friends, however. Base it off of averange skill level for the team to balance them.
Let players choose a team. A team is locked, however, if it’s already on full capacity. This could, of course, cause team stacking problems and unbalanced skill level(all the pros on one sida and all the noobs AHEM – clears throat I totally meant to say newbies – on the other.)
Let players choose who they want on their team by clicking on them on the lobby. Then, make an AI that balances average rank with players’ preferences(average rank so that the team skill levels are relatively balanced). Possibly the best and most satisfying solution. However, developing such an AI with proper optimizations could be difficult.
The great thing about team mode, which lethean pointed out – I MEAN I POINTED OUT, NOT HIM – was that there are so many possibilities with this mode.
For example, new modules that buff your teammates’ defense for some time, and such. Possibly something that increases the duration of hide self if a teammate has one. These sorts of interactions between players is another avenue opened by this mode. Furthermore, to balance teams, perhaps each team has a possibility of only 3 total fever modules/mines?
There should also be a separate team chat, and teaming on specific enemy pros will be easier as well. Also, there could be Combo Bananas. I mean, just Combos. If two different people hit the same enemy in quick succession, it could result in extra points for the team.
Of course, this warrants a way to prepare your modules before the round. The team mode could separate you and two teammates into a room similar to a custom one, where you could talk amongst one another and decide on powers and such, such as support powers, etc. Once all players have “Clickety-clacked to ready up,” then the teams will FIGHT until one gets a total of 700 points. The end. No cliffhanger here, sorry.
Then, of course, there sould be prizes for both teams. Depending on how much you stole from enemies, supported other teammates, and such, you might unlock other team powers. This is because just because on team lost doesn’t mean that they didn’t try their best, so they should receive prizes as well. However, the quality of their prizes would be based on how close the teams were.
In-game, each person can only converse with their own team. That way the enemies won’t figure out if the person has told his or her teammates to target a specific person. Also, no one can throw insults at their enemies.
Support powers should include:
Unbroken: Taking in a teammate’s fever. If one or both of your teammates have a fever, you can use this support power to receive the fever(if two teammates are infected, then the AI will select a random teammate whose fever you will take). This doesn’t stop the fact that the your teammate lost points, but if it’s a fever that could take your teammate down due to its effect, or if you are willing to protect the teammate by taking in the fever, then it is effective. Of course, it affects your end-game prizes.
Vanguard: Buffing defense for all your teammates. This adds 200 to teammate defense.
Juggernaut: Buffing attack for your teammates. Only works for those who have attack powers.
Spy: Increasing the duration of hide self by one second for a teammate who currently has hide self activated.
Defender: Put a shield on both teammates(but not yourself) for 1.5 seconds. Helps if a teammate is about to run into mines.
Immolation: Resurrect a teammate by turning yourself into a turret. If both teammates are turrets already, then the one with the highest total attack is chosen. The teammate’s turret flashes white for 3 seconds after you activate this module to warn your teammate that he/she will resurrect.
7: Gunman: Buffs any turrets of your team. Increases their attack by 100%, and their rocket turn rate by 100%, and rocket speed by 50%. However, the turrets are vulnerable to losing points when this is activated. Lasts 5 seconds.
Gas Fever: If a teammate lost any points within 4 seconds ago, they will regain half of them. If not, then the teammate has a gas radius around it that makes enemies lose 100 defense if within the radius.
Brake Fever: Aim at tight spots. If a teammate runs into it, he/she will brake. Enemies will be unaffected.
Supercharge Sacrifice: Charges up your teammates’ powers at the cost of you being unable to use your powers for 5 seconds.
Well, nice. Of course, there’ll be modifications needed to all of these. I really hope the devs see this!
16. Make this eventful! Skins, colors, and more, brought to you…uh, pretty much never. JK. Averazon told me that the devs are working hard on including more events…“Not because it is easy, but because it is hard!” – Just Kidding Rowling.
But skins and curve patterns(like stripes) would add more diversity to the game and potentially keep older players hooked on and interested. Event-related skins would also be interesting(like a skin that makes your ship look like a jack-o-lanterns for a halloween event, except colored the same as your curve!).
Well, that’s it for now. Hope you and your grandparents enjoyed(nvr mind that was a weird remark)!
So, comment, like, share, and hopefully I don’t get demonetized!
EDIT: Hope the devs look at this. Bye, GTG, time for dinner.
Your Favorite CurverFever Pro Enthusiast