Ping problems on some servers (tests)

eu-28 and 29 are a bit high ping but still playable but just in the middle kinda ping

Hi Geert,

Great to see you’re still active. Can you also give a look at the European CF2-servers? There are a lot of desperate people out there who just want to play the good old CF2 without too much lag in these hard COVID-times :confused:

Thank you :hearts:

Hi,

same tests just now, same results : the only servers where the ping is correct for me are EU-02X. On EU-03X/04X, still bad ping. Miaous, from France too but with different provider, had same results last time, and this problem probably concerns some others players (maybe in France or other countries). I have detected this problem for about a month I think (I didn’t test the servers ping before my 1st post here, but the behaviour is the same since this post…).

I don’t know if there is a network engineer in the Dev team but I am ready for tests which may be more helpful --> Launch a ping and a tracert from my PC to some of these servers in order to see :

1/ If the latency gives same results than when I am in game.

2/ If yes, see from the tracert the routers through which the packets pass. Either some routers are differents to reach EU-2X than EU-03X/04X and the problem is on them, either routers are the same and the source of bad ping is only on the servers (that I dont think… but why not if it is linked to some system differences between these two groups. I suppose these are VM for most part, maybe the difference comes from their hypervisors ?).

For that tests, I need the IP addresses of some servers of the two groups : EU-02X and EU-03X/04X. Maybe someone of the Dev team can give theses addresses to me in private message ?

Thank you in advance. :+1:

EDIT : if the team finds that it is not secure to give me theses addresses, I can give mine in private and the admin will have to ping/tracert it from servers of the two groups. The two tests (from both sides) may be interesting…

hi,

Thanks for the update.

The servers EU-3x-4x don’t have real connection or overload issues on the servers themselves. Me, from NL can play perfectly on them.

So it seems that it is an issue with the connections to the Datacenter, that is apparently very bad for French players. I am not sure what I can do for that in the short run. But I will see what happens if I let the server EU-2x take way more load.

I disabled servers EU-3x for now. Meaning you will more often get a EU-2x server. If the load is manageable, I will disable EU-4x soon and see what happens :slight_smile:

Hi,

That’s a good idea, thank you for this : I just went in several rooms this evening, and there were lots of players --> As expected, I saw more often EU-2X, and always good ping on them (not any ping’s problem, same rate that before : they support well the load for now), and always bad on EU-4X…

So, when you are ready, let’s see what happen with only EU-2X activated… :thinking:

Hi, EU-4x has bad ping and mostly lags on EU-44 (for me )
Hope you will disable EU-4X

Today I also disabled servers eu-04x . So only eu-02x is running. Lets see if your ping issues are solved by this…

Thanks ! For me its fine, I played a bit now, and good ping as before when eu-3x and eu-4x were on : it seems the eu-2x support very well the load !

We need now to see how is it for other countries players.

PS : Other thing not linked : what is the rule for the “down rating” while not playing ? I weren’t connected with my account “Kael” for 8 days and I downrated from Diamond2 to Gold3.

I don’t know if it’s connected with what Geert did, but all the games today were terribly laggy. Other people in my room said the same. We are all from different countries. My normal ping is 60-70ms, today was not lower than 150ms, but more often about 200ms with lag spikes and teleports.

What is the Bug

Not sure if this will help but in server EU-026 I had crazy lag, up to 4000 ping.

Hi Nick, it is weird : for me eu-02x seem to take easy the load, but for you no… unless you have on eu-02x the same problem we have on eu-03x/04x…

Bruh I can’t even watch a game let alone play one. It’s laggy as hell and my internets not slow but the ping I was getting was ranging from 1-4k.

Hey! I didn’t check exactly which servers were bad, but the problem exists for about same time as you mentioned. Until today it was like a roulette: some servers 60-70ms, some 200ms with killing lag spikes. And it can be just one match after another, but one is good and one is terrible. Today ping was terrible just literally in every match. And I’m sure my internet is fine as well as Youu.

OK, so we have exactly the opposite behaviour : the better would be to understand what’s happening exactly with the datacenter(s), how is it possible that some people have systematically problems with the eu-02x and some others with the eu-03x/04x… Is it only geographical ? Is there 2 or more datacenters ?

I proposed to do ping/tracert test from my PC in order to see if the problem is purely network (it may just be some routing rules to change), but maybe it’s not possible to have the server’s IP, or give them to one player, or test ping/tracert from them to one player’s PC. Or maybe this kind of test would just no be relevant. I don’t know, Geert, you didnt answer to that. :computer:

Well I will quickly do some games as long as I still can… :smiley:

EU26 and EU25 still lags exmpl : ping is going 274 to 1k and pickups are spawning everywhere + players are lagging

I had a look at the stats, and indeed, since disabling the eu-04x servers, the performance of our eu-02x have deteriated extremely. We re-enabled the eu 4x servers.

I don’t know but maybe it helps to re-enable the 30+ servers as well!

Yes, disabling some servers which work well by themselves and give good ping to some players is not a solution.

I just went on some rooms, no surprises :

Eu-02X :

Capture2

Eu-04X :

Capture

Capture3

Hi everyone,

I didnt play since one month, and this evening ping was good on all rooms where I went (Eu-04X included) : I don’t know if it is only linked to the number of players much less important than during the quarantine (but why only some players, like French people, would have been impacted by this overchage, and why not on Eu-02X ?..), or more probably cause of some routers issues somewhere which have been fixed meanwhile… in any case, no more ping problems at this stage! :+1: