Hello fellow Curvers! As you may have known some of our moderator team has left us but now is your opportunity to apply to fill those positions!
We are looking for new moderators to fill the following roles:
2 x Community & Game Moderator (Curve Fever Pro )
1 x Curve Fever Pro tournament moderator
If you are passionate about Curve Fever and want to contribute to something bigger than yourself come join our team!
Here’s what you will be responsible for ↓
Community & Game Moderator:
You’ll be on the lookout for cheaters, flagged messages and broadly keeping the community conformed to the general community and user guidelines. You report to the lead moderator. When you see someone throwing racial slurs, harassing users, or generally anything that is not in line with our guidelines, you’re not afraid to act in keeping with the moderator guidelines, to make our community a better place.
The aforementioned role is responsible for:
- Managing the community forum and Discord.
- Communicating with the players, users, staff, and everyone in between.
- Monitoring and handling reports and flagged messages.
- Helping out staff with the support helpdesk.
- Monitoring in-game chat when playing.
Curve Fever Pro Tournament Moderator:
The tournament moderator should have at two days per month available to run official tournaments for Curve Fever Pro (depending on demand and interest). This should be a consistent effort and involves getting players to sign-up, making a fair schedule and being in charge of the tournament on the day. You’re also in charge of sharing the results and handing out the correct rewards. You will need to be able to:
- Be professionally proficient in the English language.
- Handle criticism.
- Be active in the game and on the forums to create a bond with the community.
- Cope with pressure and multi-tasking.
- Being open to feedback.
- Communicate clearly and proficiently in English.
All aforementioned roles require the following:
- Professional proficiency in the English language.
- A developed moral compass.
- Effective communication skills.
- Teamwork and problem-solving capabilities.
- Being able to stay calm under pressure, with a neutral and objective outlook.
- Have enough time available to be involved in the community.
- Be able to communicate with the team on a regular basis over Discord.
- And, last but not least, you’re familiar with Curve Fever and excited to become a vital part of what keeps the community ticking.
Here’s what we’re offering
Of course, you’d like to get something out of it. We hear you. All roles require a different level of dedication, which require different compensation structures. The details will be hashed out later, but here’s the least of what you can expect:
- Curve Fever Pro in-game currency, monthly.
- The chance to gain work experience in an active, demanding and varied community.
How to apply
If you are 16+ years old and you think you are the right person for one of these roles, we want to hear from you. Here’s what you do to apply:
- Write us a short(!) cover (motivation) letter
- Include your CV - We’d like to know who the person behind the username is
- Include your usernames (forums, games and Discord)
- Send an email to [email protected] that includes the above. Make sure the subject line includes the following: “Moderator application: [write the role you’re applying for, here]”.
Please send in your application before Saturday 1st of August at 11.59 p.m (CEST).
The Lead Moderator (me) and the other moderators will go over all applications personally. After the deadline ends, we will get in touch with who we’d like to continue talks with. Go ahead and take your shot because it might be you.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Robert - Lead Mod