Welcome to the official Curve Fever Pro tournament for November 2018! This time we’re going back to something a bit more like the original CF2 and CF3 style of gameplay but with a little cfpro twist. In the feedback given in the topic I made earlier this month, there was interest in a “no powers” tour or a “speed only” tour. In the tournament test room last Sunday, we tested different options and finally came up with the final concept. This tournament, as the name suggests, will be the “no stealing tournament”, meaning only powers which do not steal points are allowed. Stealing is illegal in this one!
You must signup by commenting:
"[YourName] is joining this tournament. I have all required ships and powers. I have read the first post and agree to it.".
Date and time
Signup deadline: 24/11/2018 at 20 : 00 CET +4h reserve
Tournament starting: 25/11/2018 at 20 : 00 CET
Countdown Timer until Tournament Start: http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=df4yZNi&k=aSa3
Ships and Powers allowed
Ships: All ships - you can use any ships during the entire tournament.
Powers: Jump, Brake, Thin, Shield, Speed, Angle Turns, Hide Self
- I accept that the tournament is played with the game as it is. This including bugs and lag.
- No compensation for bugs or lag and no rematches.
- All rooms must be unranked.
- Being on time is a must. A host may delay the match for 3 minutes from the start time. Afterwards you won’t be able to join the tournament anymore.
- Teaming is not allowed and all players involved will be punished.
- Any player who signs up for a tournament and miss 2 tournaments in a row, without prior warning, will be banned from participating in the next tournament.
- Cheating is not allowed in any form or circumstance.
- You will respect the times mentioned on the schedule.
- Unless stated otherwise by a tournament host, the winning player/team will post the match results in the curve fever discord #tournament-results. - * not doing this = removal of 20% of the points in that match.
- The organization, being official moderators and Hidden Monster Games representatives, are always right and have the last word.
- I have read, understood and agree with the rules, as posted in this topic.
- Time of creation: (see schedule)
- Name of the match: (see schedule)
- Password: (see schedule)
- All times are in Amsterdam time. That is GMT+1 or CET.
- Join the match/lobby atleast 10 minutes in advance.
- Moderators will make sure no duplicate rooms are created.
- 0-19 players --> 200 gems (First Place); 3000 coins (Second Place); 1000 coins (Third Place)
- 20-39 players --> 400 gems (First Place); 4000 coins (Second Place); 2000 coins (Third Place)
- 40+ players --> 600 gems (First Place); 6000 coins (Second Place); 3000 coins (Third Place)
- First place also receives the Champion Icon.
Tournament prizes have doubled. :3
For all official curve fever tournaments General Tournament Disclaimer: All official Curve Fever tournaments are subject to this disclaimer without exclusion. In order to keep tournaments organized and more enjoyable for everyone: Once the signup+reserve deadline is reached; no changes are made to its content that may be rules, the player list (no switches are allowed.) (People can be on the reserve list, this will be open for maximum 4 hours. After the signup deadline. In order of posts ,reserves can be added to the schedule if it doesn’t get effected.), times and days mentioned. Players must keep to the starting times of matches and as mentioned in the posts. You must post results of each match in discord #tournament-results. The only way to signup is through the forum signup thread.[ Additional]For Curve Fever 2, a user must have premium by the deadline of the signup.
Happy curving! Hoping to see you in the tournament May the best win!
Further Ramblings of OwI
I’ll give a more thorough update of exactly why dates, times, these powers etc, etc, were chosen in due time. For the moment I gotta go for a lecture :3
Topics I will discuss:
- The first 2 tournaments went well, however by the final games, they were laggy. This tournament is more focussed on control, therefore we need to make sure that the games are as free from lags as possible. 1 less person playing made a huge difference when we tested with 3 spectators in our testing rooms. Also, because there are 5 players in a space which would be more naturally suited to 4 or 6 equal “camping” spaces, this 5 player option should make it a bit more exciting as we see people fighting for space.
- This time we will do 1 match per round for the first 2 rounds, 2 matches per round for the following rounds. 1 match = first to 24 survivals. Taking the cf2/3 approach, where in custom matches its first to (n-1)*10 points where n = number of players, 2 matches (where a perfect win = 48 survival points) means that we’ll have a similar length game to the traditional cf2 and cf3 matches.
- Every time a player misses a match it causes confusion and makes organising the tournament difficult. If in the first round only 50% of players turn up, it can mean that no-one is eliminated until the quarterfinals. Which is kinda weird. It ruins tournaments when people don’t turn up. Please turn up.
If for any reason you can’t turn up, and you know this late or something, then please send a message either via the forum on through discord at least an hour in advance so we can accommodate for this. If you “might” be late, then again, send a message saying, “I’m coming back from ________ and I might be late for the first round”. This kind of heads up really helps us to organise the tournament and helps prevent confusion. If after sending this kind of heads up in, you do end up missing the tournament, we won’t blacklist you for future tournaments.
- There quite a few players who have come to me saying that they cannot attend Sunday Tournaments. Honestly there is only so much I can do. Traditionally cf2 tournaments were always on the last Saturday of the month, and cf3 tournaments were on the last Sunday. When CFPro “replaced” cf3, cfpro tournaments took this Sunday slot. In the future, there are plans to make tournaments on Saturdays, however as of yet, since I made my schedule around only having tournaments on the last Sunday of each month, there won’t be any tournaments on Saturdays until some time in the future. If need be, I’ll will put another moderator in charge of a tournament, but for the moment these tournaments will have to be on Sundays.
(Don’t worry though! There are already some interesting plans for other official events which will not happen exclusively on Sundays. :3)
- One of the funnest things about past Curve Fever Tournaments, is that since everyone had the same curves (most cf3 tournaments were almost only snails, and cf2 doesn’t have any different curves to choose from) there was a real feeling that the winners only won because of their skill at the game. By choosing only powers which don’t steal, we won’t be affected by the attack and defense values of each power. Its also a little throwback to cf2 and cf3 style tournaments where every round is important and no single “bad round” will make the difference between first and last.
- Streaming and recording: There will be a livestream!!! And we will record the semifinals and finals separately too. There will however only be max. 2 spectators in the matches - 1 streamer and 1 recorder, so that matches aren’t too affected by lags.