New way of playing Curve Fever

I spent money on upgrades. I want my money back. No I’m not joking.

Hey @joco , send an email to [email protected] and we’ll handle that! :smile:

Nice and brave ideas! :slight_smile: Anti-pay-to-win changes are always welcome :smiley:

I think I would be nice to have an option to change power after Match Making. For example I would like to “save” my best powers for grandmasters and try something new while playing with lower rated players. Do u agree?

I know it’s not trivial from UI/timing point of view, but maybe u have some idea? Maybe default + 2 pre-prepared power custom sets. For instance, player would have 3-4 secounds for a change.

Otherwise, players (at least I) overuse “my best”, why in fact they would like to try something new.

There is always costums where u can try new stuff if you r scared to do in quickgames

I really like the new changes. Even the FPS seems more stable than before. Thanks the devs for their hard work! :wink:

Thanks for the feedback! That’s interesting as I don’t think we made any performance changes. :thinking:

anti pay2win? lol
have u seen my forum post?

Playing fav. is now privilege, sure. Some people will like it, some won’t. For me it’s super fun, because it pusses me (and other players) to perfect not only two powers, but almost all.

I got really tired of some players using non-stop the same set, which is even unavailabe for the most. Now at least they have to pay for that :stuck_out_tongue:

TBH, that kinda makes sense.

I’m not saying that the entire update is bad, just parts of it.

Something cool(devs/moderators plz respond)

Make Curve Fever Pro $5.99 to buy to play
Make crate unlocking times exponentially increase
Make modules unlockable only by paying $1 each
Make custom games only playable by paying for premium, which costs $39
Make gems and researchers cost 5x what they are now

I think I’d like this game a whole lot more.

Dude, if they do that, its not F2P AMD that’s what devs want, also if customs cost 40 then who will play tournament?

hm…

No, making it not free to play would limit the amount of people a lot more.

Guests only flow in to play because it’s free.

Besides, lots of players, like me, do not pay. This is a lot of the players. I know because XCS said that the game is not monetized enough for massive updates, as well as through conversations in-game.

People who pay ofc

They don’t have money, so whether you like it or not, cfpro is likely to become ptw. This is exactly why Geert left cf2. He didn’t get enough income, and went on to make cf3, which was a failure, and cfpro, which might follow that path. If Geert was actually a sensible person, he might have just revamped cf2, making it more fun to play, but still keeping the same consept.

Earlier, I did suggest a system where it was free to play, but you had to pay for a lot of the elements. It was a different tangent of the game and overly complex, however.

They don’t have money, so whether you like it or not, cfpro is likely to become ptw

I doubt that. I agree that they are not monetized enough to make massive updates, but I nevertheless do not believe that the game will become pay-to-win.

Some people, like me, who enjoy the game a lot, will be unable to play then, because my parents refuse to pay for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The game will lose a lot of players. Furthermore, people will be unable to enter as guests to try the game out and see if they like it.

A possibility of a steam version with extra features could be a possibility.

One things that drives the community is the want for skins. While XCS did say that the playerbase does not monetize the game enough for a large menagerie of skins, adding in a few very interesting skins that you would have to buy could be a possibility.

Also, no offense, but not everyone has as much money as you do dedicated to play other games. Right now, curvefever.pro is a casual game, not one that you dedicate a two day’s earning to.

Hello Curvefever.pro Enthusiasts,

I hope you’re all doing well.

The most recent update(1.5.0) had a start that wasn’t quite the best. Largely outrage issued from the community. However, as things are now settling down, it’s easier to see that not everything was really that bad.

The developers suffused copious amounts of effort into bringing this update to reality. Their goal was to make the game more social, competitive, and fair.

And for the most part, I’d agree that they succeeded. After the first day for the update, the numbers in Quick Play remained relatively low in comparison to their prior numbers. However, the quantities of queued players bloomed effervescently in the one to two days following that.

I’ll summarize my opinions on the several facets of this update below:

The positive aspects include:

1. You can now level up faster.

2. The game is now fairer for new players.

3. Overall, the game has simpler mechanics.

4. The game is no longer pay-to-win.

5. There is much anticipation for upcoming updates, including customizations, which have been formally announced, as well as the possibility of a Team Mode and a Leaderboard.

6. A much more colorful and vibrant menagerie of powers/modules.

7. Most powers are well-balanced.

8. Developers are looking into how to fix rankboosting.

9. The daily switching powers encourages diversity.

Nevertheless, there are some negative aspects to consider as well:

1. Noticeably more lag.

2. Removing coins and upgrades was not well-handled, considering that players invested money and time to gain upgrades and such. This was likely largely responsible for the preliminary outburst from the community.

3. Certain aspects can be confusing.

4. A few powers are arguably not well balanced and stand out as too feeble or perhaps too overpowered.

5. Gems are difficult for high-level players to attain through crates.

6. Another core aspect of the game being altered so drastically resulted in widespread dissappointment, largely among older players.

7. We are limited to only 3 powers, which could arguably be negative in certain aspects.

8. It’s difficult to measure the statistics of modules at a glance.

Of course, the developers likely reconsidered the update several times before saying, “Yeah, let’s do this,” as they were aware of the time and effort it would require to implement the update once the project was initiated.

However, it seems that the developers are less and less concerned about older players and are prioritizing conducive game growth at atmosphere more(with the exception of upcoming customization options). While they certainly do appreciate feedback, as has been evident for quite some time, many changes appear to be done without much consideration of those who had already invested hours, days, weeks, and even months, into the game, and more about how appealing the game would be to new players.

For example, it appears that they did not fully consider the repercussions of not properly recompensating the loss of upgrades and coins. Although I did not pay a cent for the game, I did grind for hours to get upgrades.

One possible fix for this issue is that the higher the league level of the powers, the more games you get per level. This is because higher levels require higher amounts of coins. Furthermore, five games per level isn’t very fair, since we spent many more games than just five crates per upgrade for most powers. Of course, this part is arguable.

Overall, however, I believe that the update has done more good than harm. The gameplay is fairer, especially for new players. Module rarity did not play much of a role, so removing that feature was likely a good move. The game itself is much more skill-based.

The forced diversity promoted by the limit of three daily powers encourages you to master new combinations of modules(for example, if you were previously dependent on a double fever combo, you may have to stick with a fever and a jump, or perhaps something similar).

Nevertheless, while it is certainly enjoyable to have this “3 daily powers” scheme implemented for many, perhaps putting in daily in there is a bit too much. Two possibilities to amend/modify this include:

1. As Owl and Dusara have previously commented, perhaps the three free modules should be updated each time you earn a crate. This could furthermore allow the total number of crates to be four.

2. Shortening the amount of time before you receive new powers may also suffice. Perhaps changing this temporal quantity to three hours, or five hours, could work.

Furthermore, some players are disappointed in the proposition that certain skins and other specific customization options will be available based on rank(an example Averazon used is that some skins will only be available to Grandmasters, and so on and so forth). These “some players” include me, Line, Chileanway, and Juul thus far. If you’re wondering why this list doesn’t include more players/community members, it is because I did not ask anyone else yet.

They suggested that the skins be based on level, rather than rank. This would be fairer. Despite the developers resetting ranks for those who “rankboost,” this gimmick for unfairly increasing rank may remain a problem. Furthermore, if you lose your rank, you will lose your earned skin as well. Additionally, rank is a fickle aspect, as it is possible to lose rank. If the Quick Play matches you up with someone far above your skill level, it is out of your hands, and you may end up losing much rank. This is disadvantageous for earning skins.

Another aspect is the terminology of “points.” The meaning of the amount of “points you have on a power” now is the amount of times you can utilize that power, unless the power is free. However, I believe that the terminology could be turned into the amount of “energy you have on a power.” This could, arguably, be less confusing. Furthermore, the bright yellow icon of the energy symbol could liven up the power library. The only powers that would lack this energy symbol would be free powers, both because they are already free and also due to the fact that a yellow icon on a yellow background would not fit well.

An issue that has already been mentioned about this update is that you can no longer compare module attacks at a glance. The two main reasons for this include:

1. The powers have been heavily balanced. Therefore, there is little need to compare the powers.

2. Space is needed to display the amount of points you have on a power.

However, Owl did mention that he used side-shot instead of one-shot, believing that it had more attack like it used to. Of course, this issue is, like the “terminology” matter I brought up earlier in this post, simply a matter of convenience and simplicity. I am personally ambivalent on this.

One other potential predicament I wished to present and discuss was that of new powers. I have recently been playing as a guest account(as I already own all powers on my normal account), simply for fun. An issue I noticed was that once you earn a new power through leveling up, you do not receive any energy on it. This means that if a new player is excited about a power they recently earned, they will be unable to try it immediately. My suggestion is to make it such that whenever you unlock a module, you receive ten points on it immediately so that you can try it out if you wish.

While a core aspect of the game, largely coins and upgrades, has been altered drastically, I believe that it was for the better. Nonetheless, this is the first time an update has received such an immediate negative outburst from the community. Gladly, the developers are open to feedback and suggestions.

One remedy to prevent this in the future could include, as the the user alleah suggested, is polls. Similar to how changelogs pop up on the screen if there has been a new update, polls could pop up if a new poll has been released. Of course, specific questions cannot be asked on polls. However, it may give developers a larger window into what the players want.

Questions could easily include things such as, “Which would you rather have customization options associated with – level or rank?”

Feel free to discuss and debate the ideas above!

Regards,

Dragonfyre

I think Geert should just put Ads before the game. He’d make lots of money. =) But please make the powerups free cause I’d never pay lol.

@Dragonfyre I dont remember myself saying skins are related to rank that specifically? The level could play a role idk. But rank would be weird since that can change quickly.

Hey everyone,

hereby I want to sum up what I think of the latest update.

I really like the fairness that came to the game. The game is now finally “balanced” in the sense that new players can compete somehow. Of course they might lack skill but we all did at some point right? Modules are more or less balanced, meaning you can win with almost every combination. With some it is obviously harder, but with the right amount of skill you can definitely win.

Some players mentioned a higher lag frequency. I personally cannot say that there changed anything for me.

At the beginning I really enjoyed using different free combinations. It was a challenge and it was fun. But now after a couple of days/weeks I am slowly getting annoyed and here is why:

• Many players (and good friends) I met on this game left for whatever reason.
  • There is no challenge anymore. I mean, if I focus there is only a handfull of players that can beat me. Yes you need more skill with this update, but where is it? Nobody seems to be good at the moment.
  • Not using what I like sucks. New combos are fun, but I want to use whatever I prefer. This will get especially weird for tournaments. What if in the middle of the tournament my energy runs out?

I have a suggestions to make here:

1. Stick with the non upgrading, it is fair.
  2. In CF2 there are free to play games with less possibilities. You could maybe make free to play rounds with certain modules (lets say only allow oneshot, mine, and thick for example). In those games you can earn coins/energy as you did in CF2. In premium games you can use all modules but you need to pay with coins/energy. Adding premium accounts would let the player play for free with the modules they want even in premium games.
    I guess this is what the devs tried to do with this update. I mean the currency is different (coins/energy) and you can actually play free games (free modules). But there is no real premium account that is somehow close in real money to the one in CF2. I think you pay 10€ to play as much as you want for 1 year. Whereas here you can spend the same amount of money for 1 single day :joy:
  3. Bring new Skins, Friendlists and Teamgames!!!

Well, hopefully this will be read by someone. I’d like to hear your thoughts about it.