Moving on with Tournaments

Good morning fellow Curvers :wave:,

As some already know I am the new tournament moderator for CFPro. After the first tournament was finished, I received feedback from many sides. In this article I would like to ask the community how we should continue with tournaments.

1. Many players didn’t sign out and still didn’t play, which caused some problems. Would it be helpful to get an in-game reminder one or two days before the tournament?
  • Yes, I want to receive a reminder
  • No, not necessary

0 voters

1. Some players have complained that tournament games are ranked. If everyone agrees there is clearly no problem. But what do you want to see in the future?
  • Ranked
  • Un-ranked

0 voters

1. Up till now, every CFPro Tournament has taken place on a Sunday evening. Some players have said that they would rather play on a Saturday, or can’t attend a Sunday tournament. When do you have most time to play a tournament?
  • Saturday
  • Sunday
  • Both

0 voters

Tournament Ideas:

In the past few days I’ve had some ideas about what tournaments you could do in the future. I also asked some experienced players about that. The following ideas came into being, what do you think? I am happy to hear other ideas as well.

• Teams (2v2, 3v3, those would mainly be with no or defensive only powers)

• Shots only

• Starter Combo Tour (Jump and One Shot only, @74R45)

• 1 Module (When signing up you choose one Module you have to play with the entire Tour, @hohoho)

• 1 Fever/Mine + 1 Shot (@stellan)

• All modules

• Module Specific Tours (E.g. Reverse Only, those types of tours would suit unofficial tours, because not everyone has certain modules)

Cheers,
Line

It might help to translate the 3rd question into English XD

I’ll help you out :*

Up till now, every CFPro Tournament has taken place on a Sunday evening. Some players have said that they would rather play on a Saturday, or can’t attend a Sunday tournament. When do you have most time to play a tournament?

That sudden German took me off guard :joy: :joy:

Tried to exercise myself in german :joy: then I forgot to translate it to english hehe sry :joy:

These three tournament ideas may be the best (for me)

100% agreed!

Shots only is good! But actually do whatever you want just to avoid boring camping contest :wink:

Teams tournament would be good. I think 3 vs. 3 would be better.

I like teams also.

1 module only is a good idea :ok_hand:

YES PLEASE!!! Yes, yes, yes.

I guess 1v1 mine+thin double elimination cup would be great,

I just happen to know someone who beats the best with this combo <3

I am really good with this combo.

i would love to play in a 1v1 thin+jump tournament

Hi everyone,

With this post I would like to conclude this topic. If someone has further ideas or suggestions write me personally here in the forum or on discord.

The majority wants to receive an in-game reminder for the tournament, so please don’t be scared at the next tournament (everyone will get a message a couple of days before the tournament).

Thanks to @Owl for organizing the test tournament. These tournaments are mainly for having fun and testing new game modes. The test tours will continue and they will be a place for you guys to suggest more gamemodes. I have received some interesting ideas for the next official tournaments and will try to get as many as possible.

See you at the next tournament,

Line

Personally i cant play test and tours,but im glad that mods can do trials,this encourage ppl to play their desired tournament,because always gonna be better to detect flaws before making a tournament failure :wink:.and last but not least i enjoy watching tour streamings,i’d like to watch upcoming tours live and direct obviously :slight_smile:,hopefully some hero without cape might be able to stream it xd

Nice! line is the new commander in chief for tournaments :ok_hand:
I am one of the people who forgot to show up :sweat_smile: Sorry for that ;( An Email reminder a day before/ on the same day would help me xD But maybe people wouldn’t like that. An ingame reminder wouldn’t help for me, as I am playing too unfrequently

I am sorry but email remainders wont be possible.
As for streaming, if someone wants to stream it pls tell me (@VIDMAN? :heart:)

I know that this is suggesting that you do something urself, but I have a calendar app in my phone which i can set alarms with. :open_mouth:

yeah, thought that it wouldn’t work, but it’s not a big problem

@Owl I even put it in my calendar :sweat_smile: next time i need to set more reminders! :sweat_smile: