It’s been a while that powers haven’t been nerfed or buffed.
But the way of playing curvefever has evolved since and some powers or combos are too op and I am not the only one to say it.
Let’s name them :
Angle Turns : (read Angle turn is OP?)
Angle Turns is actually the best power if you master it. More and more users use it and more and more players are op with it. Combined with Time Bomb, it’s easy to get invicible. I’ve already played several games with 2 or more players using this combo and the games lasted 15 minutes or so. F*ck.
Moreover, it’s almost impossible to hit a player using Angle Turns. The moves are not predictables. And it protects 50%…
Time Bomb : Used with angle turns or brake, the game could last forever A lot of players use this power because it’s easy to survive with it and it does more damages than the classic bomb.
Has to be nerfed. And I’m saying this while it is my most used combo with brake.
This morning-afternoon I’ve played 20 games (with “Leaf” and “Night”) and I wanted to check which were the most used powers. Here is the result from 79 different players (154 powers used) :
1 - Brake : 15
2 - One Shot : 13
2 - Thin : 13
4 - Time Bomb : 12
5 - Jump : 11
5 - Side Shot : 11
7 - Homing : 10
8 - Zap : 9
9 - Mine : 8
9 - Scatter Shot : 8
11 - Angle Turns : 7
11 - Speedy : 7
13 - Speed Burst : 6
14 - Shield : 5
15 - Trigger Bomb : 4
15 - Stealth Mine : 4
17 - Multi-Shot : 3
17 - Trippy : 3
17 - Steerless : 3
17 - Hide Self : 3
21 - Low-res : 2
21 - Curve-blind : 2
21 - Reverse : 2
24 - Laser : 1
24 - Thick : 1
24 - Double Shot : 1
27 - Clock Block : 0
- 11 of these games were won by me (Time Bomb + Brake : 9 | Speedy + Steerless : 2)
For the 9 others :
- 5 of these games were won by someone using Angle Turns. (Angle Turns + Time Bomb : 4 | Angle Turns + Thin : 1)
- 2 of these games were won by someone using Time Bomb + Brake
- 1 of these games was won by someone using Trigger Bomb + Jump
- 1 of these games was won by someone using One Shot + Jump
- Angle Turns HAS TO be nerfed. For exemple like @hohoho said :
i know its hard to master, but for a gm in cf3 or good cf2 player, it take like 10 game to understand how + its praticly imposbile to expect ehere you are going and you can change direction any moment, i would just put corner 5 sec so it cannot be used infintly
- Time Bomb is also a bit too op. It steals more than a normal bomb, you survive longer than a normal bomb and you can also steal from 2+ players in the same time if they are in the explosion area what is not possible with standard bomb.
Both are really boring because a game with those last too long. And surviving - what is the aim of CF - is way too easy with those two powers when they are combined or Time Bomb + Brake.
- A lot of cool attack powers are not used anymore by the community and has to be buffed compare to the 2 above.
The game has evolved and is not as much well balanced as it was 2 months ago.