Homing Missile Bug

I like Homing Missile but it seems it has a lot of bugs. Or maybe it is supposed to work like that?

1. It doesn’t work quite often (maybe 10-20%). I mean that it catches someone, makes some fast movements around the ship, but doesn’t kill him and goes further. I noticed at least two things which sometimes happen at the same time and (maybe) help people to avoid death:
  • Someone who is under attack of missile uses brake when missile catches him and avoid kill
  • … uses speed when missile catches him and avoid kill

I’m not sure it’s supposed to work like that. Should missile kill him anyway in both cases (if he’s without shield)?

1. Missile sometimes continues its movement after it kills someone. It seems to be inactive after kill, but still it looks strange that it goes further after the explosion.

I think this last update made it worse, it hits people and does nothing.

Yesterday I noticed another homing missile bug: I had 3 energies (I’m sure that it wasn’t less) and pressed homing missile shot but it didn’t work. What happened graphically: dots on my curve blinked in a red colour as when I don’t have enough energy (but I had enough) and the missile appeared near my ship for the moment but disappeared almost immediately. So I couldn’t make it work no matter how many times I pressed. This bug happened for me twice yesterday.

It doesn’t work quite often (maybe 10-20%). I mean that it catches someone, makes some fast movements around the ship, but doesn’t kill him and goes further. I noticed at least two things which sometimes happen at the same time and (maybe) help people to avoid death:

I agree, it should kill 100% if u hit sbd in the range of the missile.

Someone who is under attack of missile uses brake when missile catches him and avoid kill
… uses speed when missile catches him and avoid kill

If u use speed or brake as a defense move, I think a miss is still acceptable.

Missile sometimes continues its movement after it kills someone. It seems to be inactive after kill, but still it looks strange that it goes further after the explosion.

That can be a positive thing, you miss the first opponent, the missile continues and kills another guy.
(but only if you miss the first target)

Yesterday I noticed another homing missile bug: I had 3 energies (I’m sure that it wasn’t less) and pressed homing missile shot but it didn’t work. What happened graphically: dots on my curve blinked in a red colour as when I don’t have enough energy (but I had enough) and the missile appeared near my ship for the moment but disappeared almost immediately. So I couldn’t make it work no matter how many times I pressed. This bug happened for me twice yesterday.

I would call that an energy bug. Since the update it has happend few times to me, but with diffrent moduls.

Couldn't use modules

I agree that it can be acceptable (only speed burst module though or maybe also jump). But still it’s not clear if it’s bug or not. I would be glad to know if it’s planned by devs to work like this or not.

Yeah, but it seems that it’s inactive after first miss. Need to check though.

I also noticed another (probably) bug. When someone hits you with speedy fever module and you use homing missile after that the rocket goes also with acceleration. Is that a bug or a feature? I think it’s not supposed to work like that, otherwise it should also go with acceleration when you use usual speed burst.

I’m not sure if the expectation was that homing missile bug is not present after last update, but it still happens, on the server at least.

What I mean by “on the server” is that when the client renders the game, homing missile indeed is shown as if it always succeeded (green points are floating, and missile disappears after hitting another player) - but the server doesn’t necessarily see this hit, it’s not recorded in the log and the points are not added to the score, in the end making it the same as when the bug was present.

Here’s the screenshot after I hit yellow with a missile. Missile did hit him, disappeared, and I got +5 or +6 points. But as seen, I still have -15, and the hit is absent from the log.