I think this works really well, and is very fun, so good job devs. Essentially bug free too in my experience so far.
Some minor thoughts though:
- I was in a game where the opposition all suicided each time before we got to their crystal. So we had like 1000 points each, but it was literally impossible for us to cache them in…I think that needs fixing
- I think putting a lines directly in front of your crystal is potentially OP when people get good at it. Though it hasn’t caused issues for me yet
- I think it’d be kinda good if at the end of a game (round?) it gave you a break down of how many points each player gained/donated/cashed in. Just to add a bit of individual competitiveness too.
- I’d have thought the amount of points you cache in etc. should appear bottom right with the stolen points? Maybe not. But I miss what happened quite a lot
- I found that the “team blah survived” banner stayed up and blocked my view when changing browser tabs.
- I don’t think many people would agree tbh, but I think 2 teams of 2 would be funner (maybe you’ve tried and found that not the case). But it feels cramped to me, and i guess it would speed up matchmaking
- I worry a bit about people being able to stay in teams. Couldn’t 3 of the best players all choose to stay together and make them unbeatable compared to random teams?
- Personally I found identifying teammates/enemy hard at a glance. Like if I’m throwing a fever and see a player out the corner of my eye, so something to make their colour stand out better (especially when they have custom skins)
Also just generally (probably not the right thread for this but while I’m at it), I like stats in games, because I’m a nerd like that, and I’d love if we had like “players who have played the most games”, “players with the best win ratio” etc etc, kinda stats. Or even graphs of our progress over time if I was really pushing it.