I’ve recently mentioned in a comment that we are working on some new stuff that will be released sometime next week. (Hint: spoiler in the title )
Yup! We’re adding a Battle Pass in Curve Fever Pro!
We fell that it will be a perfect way to combine rewarding players and introducing more goals besides rank and account level.
The system is pretty straight forward:
- 2 tracks - a free one where everyone can earn rewards, and a premium one with a lot of exclusive rewards which you can upgrade to with gems at any time during the season.
- A season lasts 3 months.
- You just play to level up your Battle Pass. You earn Battle Points based on stats in your match, more specifically: stolen points, survival time, earned crate. On average you earn twice as many Battle Points for a crate game than a regular game.
- You will earn various rewards such as brand new skins, avatars, hats, XP, Battle Points, boosts (either researchers or Battle Points boost), energy, crates (ready to be opened), gems.
- As you can see from the previous point you will have 2 types of XP: your account level (the one with which you discover new powers) and a Battle Points which resets at the beginning of a new season (account level will not reset).
- Once you earn a reward you just have to claim it (big yellow button) and then you will keep it forever (even after the season has ended).
Avatars are being introduced as part of the rewards in the Battle Pass as well as what we call hats. Hats = the indicator for the player with most points (currently a crown).
Naturally, there will be new skins released that are exclusive to the battle pass - basically, none of the avatars/skins/hats that are a part of the Battle Pass are sold separately in the shop.
You will be able to change your avatar and hat in the Battle Pass page.
There will be some visual updates such as the Battle Pass page where you can see your progress and rewards, a new top bar with an added button that quickly takes you to your Battle Pass (it will be next to the crates button), new popups for the rewards and Battle Points, a new end game screen which shows the XP gained/lost, the crates you won as well as the stats I mentioned before and how much Battle Points you get for each.
More information on how the Battle Pass works and the specific contents of it will be available on release.
However, the real question remains: “Will the homing missile bug be fixed this update?”
P.S. We don’t really want to call it “Battle Pass” so if any of you has a glorious moment of inspiration (we haven’t been so fortunate), feel free to suggest another name in the comments!