Dear mods and developers, your updates ruin the game and here's why

update
suggestion
newupdate
modules

i cant live without 2 fevers equiped ,i just cant :joy: because i turn instant in noob
#whyimsonoobwhy

been afew days, still seems like its missing a lot with the new arrangement
#update_the_update

Agreed.

#update_the_update

Hello Curvefever.pro Enthusiasts,

I hope you’re all doing well.

The most recent update(1.5.0) had a start that wasn’t quite the best. Largely outrage issued from the community. However, as things are now settling down, it’s easier to see that not everything was really that bad.

The developers suffused copious amounts of effort into bringing this update to reality. Their goal was to make the game more social, competitive, and fair.

And for the most part, I’d agree that they succeeded. After the first day for the update, the numbers in Quick Play remained relatively low in comparison to their prior numbers. However, the quantities of queued players bloomed effervescently in the one to two days following that.

I’ll summarize my opinions on the several facets of this update below:

The positive aspects include:

1. You can now level up faster.

2. The game is now fairer for new players.

3. Overall, the game has simpler mechanics.

4. The game is no longer pay-to-win.

5. There is much anticipation for upcoming updates, including customizations, which have been formally announced, as well as the possibility of a Team Mode and a Leaderboard.

6. A much more colorful and vibrant menagerie of powers/modules.

7. Most powers are well-balanced.

8. Developers are looking into how to fix rankboosting.

9. The daily switching powers encourages diversity.

Nevertheless, there are some negative aspects to consider as well:

1. Noticeably more lag.

2. Removing coins and upgrades was not well-handled, considering that players invested money and time to gain upgrades and such. This was likely largely responsible for the preliminary outburst from the community.

3. Certain aspects can be confusing.

4. A few powers are arguably not well balanced and stand out as too feeble or perhaps too overpowered.

5. Gems are difficult for high-level players to attain through crates.

6. Another core aspect of the game being altered so drastically resulted in widespread dissappointment, largely among older players.

7. We are limited to only 3 powers, which could arguably be negative in certain aspects.

8. It’s difficult to measure the statistics of modules at a glance.

Of course, the developers likely reconsidered the update several times before saying, “Yeah, let’s do this,” as they were aware of the time and effort it would require to implement the update once the project was initiated.

However, it seems that the developers are less and less concerned about older players and are prioritizing conducive game growth at atmosphere more(with the exception of upcoming customization options). While they certainly do appreciate feedback, as has been evident for quite some time, many changes appear to be done without much consideration of those who had already invested hours, days, weeks, and even months, into the game, and more about how appealing the game would be to new players.

For example, it appears that they did not fully consider the repercussions of not properly recompensating the loss of upgrades and coins. Although I did not pay a cent for the game, I did grind for hours to get upgrades.

One possible fix for this issue is that the higher the league level of the powers, the more games you get per level. This is because higher levels require higher amounts of coins. Furthermore, five games per level isn’t very fair, since we spent many more games than just five crates per upgrade for most powers. Of course, this part is arguable.

Overall, however, I believe that the update has done more good than harm. The gameplay is fairer, especially for new players. Module rarity did not play much of a role, so removing that feature was likely a good move. The game itself is much more skill-based.

The forced diversity promoted by the limit of three daily powers encourages you to master new combinations of modules(for example, if you were previously dependent on a double fever combo, you may have to stick with a fever and a jump, or perhaps something similar).

Nevertheless, while it is certainly enjoyable to have this “3 daily powers” scheme implemented for many, perhaps putting in daily in there is a bit too much. Two possibilities to amend/modify this include:

1. As Owl and Dusara have previously commented, perhaps the three free modules should be updated each time you earn a crate. This could furthermore allow the total number of crates to be eight again.

2. Shortening the amount of time before you receive new powers may also suffice. Perhaps changing this temporal quantity to three hours, or five hours, could work.

Furthermore, some players are disappointed in the proposition that certain skins and other specific customization options will be available based on rank(an example Averazon used is that some skins will only be available to Grandmasters, and so on and so forth). These “some players” include me, Line, Chileanway, and Juul thus far. If you’re wondering why this list doesn’t include more players/community members, it is because I did not ask anyone else yet.

They suggested that the skins be based on level, rather than rank. This would be fairer. Despite the developers resetting ranks for those who “rankboost,” this gimmick for unfairly increasing rank may remain a problem. Furthermore, if you lose your rank, you will lose your earned skin as well. Additionally, rank is a fickle aspect, as it is possible to lose rank. If the Quick Play matches you up with someone far above your skill level, it is out of your hands, and you may end up losing much rank. This is disadvantageous for earning skins.

Another aspect is the terminology of “points.” The meaning of the amount of “points you have on a power” now is the amount of times you can utilize that power, unless the power is free. However, I believe that the terminology could be turned into the amount of “energy you have on a power.” This could, arguably, be less confusing. Furthermore, the bright yellow icon of the energy symbol could liven up the power library. The only powers that would lack this energy symbol would be free powers, both because they are already free and also due to the fact that a yellow icon on a yellow background would not fit well.

An issue that has already been mentioned about this update is that you can no longer compare module stats at a glance. The two main reasons for this include:

1. The powers have been heavily balanced. Therefore, there is little need to compare the powers.

2. Space is needed to display the amount of points you have on a power.

However, Owl did mention that he used side-shot instead of one-shot, believing that it had more attack like it used to. Of course, this issue is, like the “terminology” matter I brought up earlier in this post, simply a matter of convenience and simplicity. I am personally ambivalent on this.

One other potential predicament I wished to present and discuss was that of new powers. I have recently been playing as a guest account(as I already own all powers on my normal account), simply for fun. An issue I noticed was that once you earn a new power through leveling up, you do not receive any energy on it. This means that if a new player is excited about a power they recently earned, they will be unable to try it immediately. My suggestion is to make it such that whenever you unlock a module, you receive ten points on it immediately so that you can try it out if you wish.

While a core aspect of the game, largely coins and upgrades, has been altered drastically, I believe that it was for the better. Nonetheless, this is the first time an update has received such an immediate negative outburst from the community. Gladly, the developers are open to feedback and suggestions.

One remedy to prevent this in the future could include, as the the user alleah suggested, is polls. Similar to how changelogs pop up on the screen if there has been a new update, polls could pop up if a new poll has been released. Of course, specific questions cannot be asked on polls. However, it may give developers a larger window into what the players want.

Questions could easily include things such as, “Which would you rather have customization options associated with – level or rank?”

Feel free to discuss and debate the ideas above!

Regards,

Dragonfyre

I moved your content from the other post here :slight_smile:

Almost perfect … only thing i do not get that much is the balancing :joy: if you know what is OP atm pls tell me cause then i can use it haha :joy: and dont say sideshot … #sideshot_sucks

the thing about side shot is that u always gotta keep an eye on the one using it especially if the field is open. It doesnt suck and yeah its not OP but def. top 5.

Thank you, @ray !

@Line like I said, that part’s arguable. Some people have said that certain powers stand out. I myself am unsure about which ones, although saying that no powers stand out would have also been arguable.

Thanks I loved your long message I agree on everything. Hope they’ll listen.

Amen my dude. My protest was worded too strongly and was taken down… so they are silencing the people too now. One step closer to this game being Soviet Russia :frowning:

so true, the old system was so much more fun. back then u had to grind for the power ups and gather the new ones. please roleback

for me, after the update, the game is almost dead… because i use all the time the same powers, jump and side shot.
with the new update i am able to make 2 games per day (!) cuz of the free energy and than im done…

is this the right way? the new meta can not be to force the people in new powers they dont like. and dont talk like “if u r a good player u can play with other powers too”

For me and for a lot of other players is curvefever a fun game nothing else!!

but with this update the fun is gone because u get forced to do something u dont want.

regards

so , no official statement by the officials…?

a lot of players will not play this game anymore, of course there will be some and throw u off with their money… but most of them will leave until u change back the system

in discord they said they are happy with the update because the stats like new players and stuff are improving. … so
:frowning:

yep more ppl coming but more pro ppl leaving

For the actual numbers, you base yourself on your own statistics which… I don’t know the source of. I would like to emphasis the importance of correct information. Unless the developers mentioned this, you speak of an opinion and not a fact.

About the update, sometimes you need to take a painful step backwards to continue forward. It is better for new players but that was also needed. The game became too complex for new people. For people hoping they will revert the update… no. You can not just turn back a full big update. If anything happens to the update it would be adjustments.

We’re many and we have spoken. #ReverseTheUpdate #WeWillLeave

I think the best summary of my opinion is that this update makes me wanna play this game less than before.

I try to use free powers but some of the combinations I received so far made it pretty much impossible to compete with stronger players who got more lucky with their free powers. Here keep in mind that in most matches I have to come first or at least second not too loose rank, so this is pretty discouraging.

I still have a lot of powers that I can use multiple number of times before I start using energy but I feel that in few weeks, once I’ll use all the reserves the game will be like: if I get lucky with free powers I’ll play, but most of the time I will not bother cuz playing with just three free powers will be boring or frustrating, and the game will become pay to win if I want to use different powers (I surely won’t use this option).

Also I don’t fully agree that this way the game encourages you to play with more powers. At some point yes, as u get different free powers every day. However, if I don’t like the powers I’ll probably play much less or not at all until I get new ones. Before the update, every day I was playing I tried to play at least 8 matches and all of them with different sets of powers, to receive crates, so I was using at least 16 different powers every day.

Lmao, we have freedom of speech, it reminds me a little of the language of totalitarianism.

Yes, its free to play, but it makes no difference. Some guys spent money on this game and they can feel just robbed.