Great update overall But I agree with guys above that rechargeable powers using energy is counterproductive and this detail should be reverted. This new system is just ridiculously confusing and will be way more so for people who don’t read the forum (and skip the patch updates in the game), who are surely the majority.
Since the last updates, there was a ridiculously large amount of questions in the chat from newbies about the system and if it’s possible to play when running out of “energy” (which in their minds was usually the same as power points??). And it was despite that truly this previous system with “free” powers was really straightforward, and yet apparently so hard to grasp for so many.
The new system, they will be trying to understand as:
- You simply have three free powers, which for whatever reason they renamed “rechargeable”.
- Hm, but I’ve used them and it eat my “energy”!!
- Stupid buggy game!!111 I use free powers and my energy decreases!
- Ok, I understand now, it eats my energy because those powers are actually not free.
- I mean, they are not free… But if you use all their “energy”, then they will then become free!
- But only for two games, after those two games three other powers become free.
- But hey, it makes no sense!! Those three powers don’t become free at all, because I still had 4 “energy” on them! So I used them, I lost 2 energy, and now they are not free anymore because the powers have changed!
- But gosh, those new powers don’t become free either, because they will only eat their own energy and two games from now I will get another “free” powers! And they will also not be free because I still have some “energy” on them! So I just keep playing with “free” powers, and they’re never free because they eat out my points from crates despite being “free” (so why do I even bother playing to get those crates???), and as soon as I could actually start playing with them for free, they cease to be free!! And I need to play with other “free” powers on which I still have energy - so they are not free at all - and before I could start playing them for free, they will also not be free.
And so on, and so on. Honestly, the current system was so simple in comparison, and so many newbies anyway were complaining about “pay to play”… I really think after a new system that much more complicated is introduced, a huge lot of newbies will just understand from that there really are no free powers anymore, and as soon as they run out of “module energy” and “this global energy… how does this work anyway?”, they will need to pay. And they will not want a system when they eventually “need” (in their understanding) to pay, so they’ll not want to play the game.
Also, I agree with the 1st answer, that the design where free/rechargeable powers very standing out in the library was much more clearer. Just keep the modules free in the previous sense of this word, and keep it gold in the library so that no newbie can miss them, and keep this great change that free modules refresh every two games. This system will be very straighforward to understand even for the newbies: you have free powers, you have non-free powers, you get new free ones every 2 games, all is clear.
PS. If you think people have too much points/energy for a system where 3 modules are actually free, then there’s already a solution for that here: free daily energies being removed from the shop. And if you still think it’s too much [I really don’t think so - this is just a temporary state because the pros got a lot of power points as a reimbursement, so at the moment there is indeed an excess of power points. But it’s a one-time temporary situation], then let basic crate give only XP, and better crates 1/2/3 power points. But keep the free modules actually free, or a huge lot of players will get the feeling that the system moved from “almost pay to play” to “100% pay to play”.