A bit of a delayed changelog but this update addressed a lot of network improvements and bugfixes.
For even more technical details check out the changelog details in the game.
- Added input lag reduction setting to allow 40ms reduction.
- Disconnected players now show an icon above their ship.
- Added an icon indicator when inputs are rejected due to poor connection.
- Ship HUD overlay (tab) now also shows pings from other players.
- Debug overlay now also shows ping from other players, lag and network sync data.
- Added a delay of 1 second for spectators to hide visible lag.
- Better connection handling to disconnect you from the game when you lose connection for 5 seconds.
- Having a bad ping (>300ms) will now result in other curves being more laggy rather than other players seeing you lag.
- Lag compensation adjustments and network synchronization happens in the background now
- Lag switching is no longer beneficial due to the improvements above.
- Improved game loading so the game has enough time to synchronize the network.
- Fixed not being able to rejoin a match.
- Fixed being stuck in room when trying to spectate.
- Fixed several out of sync (desync) issues which caused airdeaths and other bugs.
- Fixed some issues with collision which caused airdeaths.
- Fixed dying on small bits of curves that are barely visible.
- Fixed explosions leaving small bits of curves behind.
- Fixed an issue where users that have not logged in for a while coudldn’t login
- Fixed some matches having more lag than other matches due to the different servers.
- Fixed several issues where the match wouldn’t end.