Hello everyone! ! A few words about today’s update. As usual, the update has a nice mix of some new additions as well as some improvements and bug fixes.
Amongst all that good stuff there is also a pretty major change to the game that makes us very happy. After the gameplay change we’ve shifted focus on how to better explain the game to someone that has had no prior interaction with the Curve Fever universe. We’ve tried with a simple option of offering new players only 3 ship choices at the beginning of a match, however, once in the game there was still uncertainty regarding how the game works and thus, frustration. I think we’ve all seen new players leaving matches after the first round and we believe that it is mostly due to the lack of a proper introduction to the mechanics of the game. And so a more comprehensive, and hopefully better tutorial was born! It has 2 stages where new players get to practice all the basic mechanics like moving and using modules in a safe environment before being put into queue for “Quick Play”. This way we’re creating a solid foundation for new players to build on as well as giving them a bit more confidence when facing other opponents.
One more thing before leaving you to peruse the changelogs:
I have the incredible honor of crowning the winners of the Official August Tournament: Legolas and Hrvat! Congratulations again to both of you!
Thank you for having the patience with us adding the “champion titles” in the game!
And now, the changelogs for update 1.2.5 !
In this patch, we introduce a completely revamped TUTORIAL for new users, and several bug fixes.
- Added a new interactive tutorial for first-time users.
- Players who win a tournament will have a crown next to their name, until the next tournament.
- Added a counter to the custom-room list for waiting and playing rooms.
- You now start drawing a curve 2.5 seconds after start moving (was 2 seconds).
- New players now always start with a Trigon ship with Jump and One shot.
- Trigon Jump now unlocks at level 1 (was 5).
- Trigon Brake now unlocks at level 5 (was 1).
- Tetragon Jump now unlocks at level 4 (was 1).
- Tetragon Brake now unlocks at level 1 (was 4).
- Fixed a bug where the hide-self effect would be ended prematurely if another picked up a fever.