In today’s update we have a lot of performance improvements.
Let us know if the game runs any smoother for you or not.
We’ve also tweaked a lot of the economy, read more about that on the latest development blog.
- We’ve added the module icons in the in-game scoreboard.
- New design for the tab overlay.
- System to reduce boosting, everyone has two ranks now.
- New players now have the same matchmaking speed, which reduces the chance of new players being matched with experienced players.
- Swapped the default level 1 module position for new users so mine is equipped on top and speed boost on the bottom.
- Social buttons no longer overlap with other elements.
- Turning shadows off now properly removes the shadows and improves the performance.
- Tiny gaps in the lines.
- New users now start with one day of free “Advanced Researchers” for each species.
- The price for “Advanced Researchers” has been rebalanced.
1d 50 gems – 7d 300 gems – 30d 500 gems
- “Advanced Research” team multiplier changed from
- Bonus ship points for Advanced Research teams have been increased.
- Ship research points in crates has been increased by
- Currency in crates has been reduced by
- New coin package offers 100 coins for 10 gems.
- Prices to buy coins has been rebalanced.
- Rebalanced gem price for newly discovered modules in the shop.
- Currency rewards during the game have been rebalanced.
1st 1 gem – 2nd 8 coins – 3rd 6 coins – 4th 4 coins – 5th 2 coins – 6th nothing
- New animation system based on game simulation.
— This results in less flickering of animations and better performance. Previously the animations were time based, sub-optimal for network lag.
- Memory for objects, events, etc. in the game are all now “pooled” so that things can be recycled instead of re-created.
- New and optimized method for generating shadows puts less load on the GPU.
- Initial quality for new users is now based on specifically identified GPU model.
- Tab overlay is now rendered on the canvas instead of HUD.
- Improved performance for line rendering.
- Sprites are now batched.
- Improved memory usage for collision handling.
- In general we’ve done a lot of small improvements and cleaned everything up.