Hey guys, for the next small update one thing I was planning to do is change the ship collision.
Currently each ship has slightly different collision as you can see here.
First of all the collision from leaf is slightly bigger but it’s also more forwards to the the tip.
My plan is to split collision in two.
There’ll be collision for colliding and collision for the hitbox (bullets etc).
The colliding collision will just be a small circle at the pivot of the ship.
And then the hitbox collision will be a slightly bigger circle in the center of the white part of the ship.
The border collision will also be changed to not use the tip of the ship but use the colliding collision also.
It would be something like this looking at the same ships.
So in red we have the colliding collision and blue the hitbox for bullets and such.
- Colliding collision always the same for all ships, same size and same location
- Hitbox collision size the same for all ships
- Still have visual guidance for hitbox where to shoot at (the white part)
- Better for performance
- Collision is less realistically matching ship
- Above causes ships to visually overlap lines more
I’m just writing this to make sure I’m not missing anything here.
I don’t play the game so you probably know better than me if this has an impact or not.
So feel free to give some feedback and if you think this is a bad idea.